St. Mary's School is a parish school and part of the Diocese of Cleveland school system. Our philosophy is to provide a warm, happy and creative atmosphere for learning and for fostering love of self, love of others, love of God.
St. Mary's is a school spanning Kindergarten through Grade Eight. We have one classroom per grade. We do place a cap on our classroom sizes.
Our faculty consists of nine full time teachers, five part-time teachers, two teachers' aids, a speech therapist, a tutor, a psychologist, and many volunteers.
The Kindergarten program is an all day, every day program that offers the full range of subjects. Most of our students are reading (determined by readiness) by the end of the Kindergarten year. We emphasis learning by exposure and not pressure. To enter our kindergarten program, a child must be five years old on or before September 30th for fall entry.
Our curriculum is very complete and encompassing. To cover Reading, Phonics, Math, English, vocabulary, Social Studies, Science, Health, Science lab, spelling, handwriting, gym, music, art, computer, and Spanish, our school day begins at 8 a.m. for 7th and 8th grade, and 9 a.m. for Kindergarten through 6th grade. We offer independently financed instrumental music lessons for those families with students in grades 4-8 who wish to have lessons presented during the school day. We have a psychologist, a speech teacher, and a tutor available for those students with a specific need as determined by state qualifications. We do not have an enrichment program as such as our curriculum is challenging and accelerated. We always take students at their level and educate them accordingly. Religion lessons are presented daily and we attend Church twice a month. We have Advent and prayer services daily as applicable. Religion is very important in our school as love of each other is our core! We demand every class to be involved in service projects aiding those in need.
St. Mary's offers a variety of services to aid our students and their families:
- We have a latchkey program that is available before school (7:00-8:50 a.m.) and after school (3:30-5:30 p.m.).
- We have an independent hot lunch program in which delicious lunches are offered daily. Students may pick and choose when they wish to eat from our monthly menus.
- We also participate in Parks & Recreation sport programs which offer many sport activities.
- Scouting programs are available to our students in various grades.
- We also have assemblies which expose students to a variety of artistic programs.
- St. Mary's Day School is a private institution that takes seriously our job of educating our children.
For further information, please feel free to call the school office (330) 262-8671.